About the SKNIA
The St. Kitts-Nevis Institute of Architects is a non-profit organization that was developed to promote and advance the Architectural profession in St. Kitts and Nevis. In early 2002 a charter for the St. Kitts – Nevis Institute of Architects was proposed and circulated to practitioners in St. Kitts & Nevis for comments.
This charter led to a meeting at the Foundation for National Development Conference Room on the 12th of July 2005 at which all the persons present became signatories to the charter to found the Architects’ Institute. Thus the St. Kitts – Nevis Institute of Architects was born.
The objectives of the institute are:
- To organize and write in fellowship the members of the architectural profession of St. Kitts and Nevis
- To advance the Art and Profession of Architecture
- To consider and safeguard matters of Professional Practice
- To promote and afford facilities for the study of Architecture
- To coordinate the building industry and the profession of the Architecture to ensure the advancement of the living standards of people through improved environment
- To serve as a medium of friendly communication between the members and others interested in the progress of Architecture.
The institute is a member of two regional bodies and one commonwealth body; the Association of Commonwealth Societies of Architecture in the Caribbean (ACSAC), the Federation of Caribbean Associations of Architects (FCAA) and the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) respectively.
On 12th July 2015 we celebrate the Institute’s 10th year of existence, service and engagement, under the theme “Demonstrating our commitment to our Profession” with a week of activities scheduled over the period Sunday 12th July to Saturday 18th July 2015.
SKNIA Monthly business meetings are held on the last Thursday of each month @ 12:00 pm at Serendipity Restaurant, Fortlands, Basseterre, St. Kitts. During these meetings motions are proposed, voted upon and decided.